I’ve fallen a bit behind… Fellow bloggers Fay Moore of her inspiring Fay Moore: I Want to Be a Writer and Stacy Lyn of her engaging Stacy Allbritton: Web-Footed Louisiana Scribbler, um, Scrivener have nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. And Terri of the beautiful Daily Sweet Peas has kindly passed along the Readership Appreciation Award.
I’ve been witness to this project circulating WordPress (being relatively new to the blogging arena), and it’s such a wonderful tool to connect with other bloggers and their work. I honestly had no idea such warm, kind kindred spirits existed in this community, and for that I’m pleasantly surprised and ever thankful. Profuse thanks for your nominations and votes of confidence, Fay, Stacy, and Terri!
7 (Hopefully Interesting) and Totally Truthful Things About Myself:
- I was raised on a 3-mile-long island, the rim of a sunken volcano in the middle of the South Pacific — an atoll in Micronesia — 6 hours by plane from Hawaii, 6 hours by plane from Australia. Think Amelia Earhart’s lost flight.
- Having moved stateside at college-age, and lacking the impact of mass media at those impressionable ages, I still find myself catching up on key pieces of Americana.
- I’ve been a vegetarian since birth… Raised by carnivores with favorite meals including steak tartare and sushi caught from the surrounding ocean. Blech.
- I’ve never been married; while this fails to shock me or the strong females in my family, it remains an awe-inspiring topic of discussion.
- Having always been surrounded by a menagerie of rescued critters — cats and dogs and ferrets and horses, oh my — they remain an integral part of my life.
- My heroine: Katherine Hepburn.
- I dance and sing horribly off-key on a regular basis — any event can prompt this behavior, including the making of ice, cooking noodles, rain, getting dressed…. The list is endless.
Every blog I’ve encountered has been inspiring beyond compare — and I’m still learning with each passing day. In the spirit of connecting to others, here’s an abridged list of some lovely and skilled nature-centric sites that I’d like to share: